Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Prosper.com - how risky is it? Can individuals really make money this way?

Prosper.Com offers P2P lending. I don't know why would anyone like a 12% personal loan, nor would I like to hope for any return from a Joe Schmoe somewhere on the web.

How risky is it? Can individuals really make money this way? I don't know. Watch the video to see a few more people shaking their heads as the CEO tries to assure potential investors in his "pay day loan" for the masses internet service:

Mmmm. Securitization through diversification on sub-prime borrowers, where else did I hear something similar - oh yea, SUB PRIME MORTGAGE MESS!

I'm not enthusiastic, but I'd love to hear success stories from people who have been investing with prosper for more than 2 years, how are their success/failure yields? I'm sure there are success stories. I'll try looking for them.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment