- What is your risk tolerance? Does it match your age? Your wealth?
- Will you panic if your holdings lose X% - do you expect it to at some point?
- Did you write down portfolio success goals? If you write them down – are they realistic?
- How soon will you need the money invested?
- What will you do when S&P 500 crosses its 200 days moving average downwards? Upwards?
- What will you do if your portfolio gains 50%?
- What will you do if your portfolio loses 8%, 10%, 20%, 40%? Specific actions?
- Do you have a plan to sell anything next month? Buy anything next month?
- Are you bullish on the entire market?
- What is the current greatest risk to the economy?
- What’s the level of aggressiveness of your portfolio?
- Are you keeping a journal of your thoughts and actions regarding your investments? Are you reviewing it to improve your future actions?
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Questions every investor or a person planning to invest should know the answers to
Easier said then done...