10:39AM, 7/22/2010 - S&P500 up 2.48% hmmm, let's check the headlines:
* Existing Home Sales Fall 5.1 Percent
* Most Americans think economy yet to hit bottom
* Job seekers' latest hurdle: Credit checks
* Fed ready to ease if economy weakens: Bernanke
* Jobless claims jump in latest week
Meanwhile, netflix beats expectations and falls 11%... (reasons found: analyst downgraded - increased cost of doing business)
Investing is synonym with putting your money in risk, and continuing recognition that you don't understand why things go up or down. To recap, at end of April the only headlines you'd find were overly optimistic - followed by a 15% correction in May June. By the end of June - the news cycle focused on a double dip recession and a long term depression. Mid July - and here we go again... makes no sense.