- Open Win-RT to desktop .net apps installed outside of Microsoft's store
- Add a Microsoft sponsored desktop apps store, yes - just like Apple has one for Mac OS
- Figuere out how to produce hardware that's as high quality as Galaxy and iPad and costs less (unlike the current opposite)
- Allow control settings of everything through desktop or "metro" seperately. If one is choosing to use emersive touch, he should never be forced to use desktop tiny buttons and links
- Add "Explorer" to "metro", see prior bullet point
- Rethink the whole design of the emersive apps - way too simplistic for may different tasks. A phone UI is not a 1080 desktop and vice-versa
- Good old desktop freecel and mine-sweeper, bring them back
- Allow relpacing tiles with icons, meaningful and colorful icons with rigid alignment that doesn't hurt the eyes
- Add fixed, recognize-able buttons to the start tile screen: Turn Off, Desktop, Settings
- Dump swipes. They suck, no one gets it, no one likes it, not as touch, not as mouse
- Disallow laptop touch-pads acting as swipe zones, it renders that device unusable
- Invest harded in letting gaming industry into the Microsft-Tablet realm. With a winning market of XBOX, Microsoft initiated some leveraging there, but stopped mid-way. If you buy the game on XBox and download, why not allow you to use it on your tablet too? Why not flood the tablet store with awesome XBox games?
- Speaking of games, I haven't tried out Wii-U, or am a fan of their idea, but surely surface+xbox could have produced a less awkward solution than Xbox-Smart-Glass.
- Why does it take so long to start "metro" apps on an intel i7 laptop or tablet? I don't like staring at a green or orange screen with a white icon, no one does. It's wierd
- Work with Unity3D to bring that development community faster into the Windows 8 tablets and phones market.
- How about free Angry-Birds? Come'on big giant MS corp, you can afford it.
- Consider that Apple's winning iTunes is still a huge advantage for the iPads, I don't know who is buying Music subscription, I used to (netscape, rhapsody etc) but no longer do. Perhaps if Microsoft would just allow MP3 purchases through some awesome Win 8 metro interface? Don't expect Amazon to do the job for you, they are doing a great job carving their markets with Kindle Fire (if only they would return to turning profits again)
- Finally obviously: desktop start menu
Expect none of it.
Microsoft is about to make some announcements pretty soon, it will be interesting to see where Win 8 and Xbox will head.